Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rainy day, but a good Tuesday!

Lots of rain falling here today in the Skippack area.  I got out this AM to ride, do a few little intervals and see if I could beat the rain.  The first 45minutes, things were looking good.......... than a wall of water moved in and would stay with me the entire 2.5hr ride.  You kind of go through the initial "damn... I don't feel like getting drenched, dirty bike, can't see, blah, blah"  Than after you fall into your trance, you come to accept the warm rain, the looks from all the cars as they think you're crazy, and the refreshing feeling of accomplishing something that most people wouldn't dare do.  Needless to say, it was a great ride.  I felt like a child again playing in the rain.  It's always a good change of pace.

Rewind a few days.  Last weekend we were in Page Valley, Virginia fighting for the MABRA RR Championship jersey.  Long story short......we didn't win.  We had our chances and played our cards the best we could.  We lost the jersey to Harley and congrats to Russ Langley as he pulled an impressive 1 man move late in the race.  He stuck it and deserved the win.  I actually felt really good and obviously wished I would have been in the break to contest for the win.  Earlier in the day I had a bit of bad luck as I found myself on the pavement.  (See picture below)
  Joking!!! Joking!!  No, actually it wasn't bad at all.  Little road rash on the left knee and glutie, but overall not bad at all.  I did have to crush myself trying to get back to the field and somehow made it.  Afterwards, I sat in and waited for anything to go up the road as we  had Todd, R, and Blair in the break.  Chance didn't work in our behalf as we walked away with no MABRA jersey.  Although no victory, I still had a great pizza and beer with my teammate Todd as he is always good for a chill night in Baltimore.  

Next weekend, we head to the quiet, sleepy town of Millersburg, PA, which sits on the Susquehanna River 25 miles north of Harrisburg.  This is the 5th annual Tour de Millersburg and we've always made it a priority to attend this race.  We have a great host family that graciously puts us up in their home.  Saturday morning we will compete in the individual time trail followed by a crit later in the day.  Sunday, we finish up with a beautiful road race in the rolling hillside of central PA.  Traditionally, we've done very well at this little stage race and look to do the same this year.  As always, we'll be sure to have a good time as well.

Look for my next post early next week for results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment