Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I want to race!!!!

So, I just got home from a quick recovery ride and safe to say, my legs are dead today. I guess you have those days. Probably something to do with the solid drives ride last night in Philly. Good stuff!


Anyway, our team schedule is starting to get a bit frustrating. After the cancellation of Jeff Cup last Sunday, we scrambled to find a race for this coming weekend and found the Salisbury Road Race in Gap, PA. A nice little local race in the lovely farmlands of Lancaster, PA. Well, just as I type this, I come to find out this race has been cancelled as well. Not sure why, but we now are looking at the Morgantown Road Race in Morgantown, WV to be our season opener. Looks to be a local race, but low and behold, we need to get some racing under our belt. Let's hope it really happens.

The real one I am now eyeing up is the Tour of the Battenkill (http://www.tourofthebattenkill.com) to be held on Sunday, April 10th. Although this is not a team race, my teammate Blair and I are headed to upstate NY to give it our all. Battenkill is a 1 day classic and known for its Belgium like racing feel-dirt climbs, rolling countryside and covered bridges. It's a 100 mile race and usually attrition is the main factor in winning. I'm looking forward to it. Prior to this, our team is planning on hitting up the Fulton Road Race in Peach Bottom, PA on Saturday, April 9th. Again this is a local race in the Lancaster Countryside that we expect to do quite well in. It's a 66 mile road race and we should be strong in numbers. I'll keep you posted on team results.

For now, let's hope for no more cancellations. Hot tea is calling and hopefully a chill night here in Skippack.

No comments:

Post a Comment