Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oatmeal Tuesday... oatmeal everyday!

Happy Tuesday to all.  I woke up to some warm rain in the area....clear skies are coming... I hope. 

 Lots to catch up on.  It was a busy weekend, unfortunately....no racing!  I'll start with that.  A few of us were going to hit up a race in Morgantown, WV on Saturday; however cold rain, long drive (5hrs) and lack of it being a mandatory team race and you can guess....we bailed.  Instead, I got in a solid training day with the Java Boy's in the Philly area.  Good times.  Sunday, I ended up meeting my teammate Blair Berbert in Greencastle, PA for a gut retching 80 mile ride.  Oh and did I mention, it was 9,000 feet of climbing.  Love training with Blair as we push each other.  Best of luck to him as he prepares for Tour of the Gila in New Mexico to be held later this month.

Blair and I this weekend in Greencastle, PA... Really Blair, yellow bar tape!?!?!?
Non bike related:  Last Friday, I made a move from my awesome Parc Bistro apartment to a great little 3 bdrm house, owned by my friend Jim Godshall.  It was all about finances as I've loved every minute of living above the Parc Bistro.  Bob Repash (GM) and the entire staff are awesome.  Hands down... they serve the best food in Skippack.  Stop by sometime and tell them Jacob sent you.  I really didn't want to leave, but unfortunately, right now, it's all about saving money.  I've moved into a little 3 bedroom ranch and my buddy Jim has been so accommodating to me.  New place is always exciting.  I'll throw some pictures up soon! 

Race related:  We have plans to attend the Fulton Road Race this Saturday (http://www.bikereg.com/events/Register.asp?EventID=13106) and use it as a training race.  As with any race, we won't forget that it's a RACE.... we want to win it.  The bigger event comes Sunday with Battenkill (http://www.tourofthebattenkill.com/).  As stated below, it's a big deal.  Blair and I are headed up to see what kind of early season legs we really have.  I'll post results afterwards. 

For now, a ride is calling my name.  I also need to call my friends and Best Buy and get some hours.  Oatmeal is now gone and coffee is down to a drip. 


1 comment:

  1. Great pic - whereabouts was that taken? (Besides for Greencastle - do you have a .gpx for the route?)

    ReplyDelete