Thursday, April 21, 2011

Did I hear an ER in there?

So it's been a few days since I wrote and looking back at my last post, I could sense some hope in my voice regarding my awesome digestive system.  Well, well, well....if you take a peak at the picture below, you can see that things took a turn for the worse.  Let's just say that Fri/Sat/Sun and Mon were long days......ok really long days!!  While my puking went away Friday night, the big diarrhea sure didn't.   As a matter of fact, it got bad enough that I was having some serious issues with dehydration.  (Okay, maybe too much information, but who cares, we all get it at some point.)  Sunday reached a new pinnacle, and I decided to head to the ER in the late night/early morning hours.  Let me tell you... ER middle of the night= interesting scene.  While there, an older woman came in with a broken hip as she fell out of bed.  She was scared and confused as they brought her in...poor woman!  Also, I heard the announcement come in for a 42yr old who OD'd on something.  5 minutes later, there she was strapped down to the ambulance gurney, head between hands and talking stupid.  All the while, I'm quietly laying in my room, door open, and taking in the scene with 3L of saline solution dripping into my right arm.  Dr. Hicks and nurse Kelly took care of me well and by 3:30am, I was back in Rudy driving home.  All this takes place, every night, at a time that you and I are most often sleeping soundly.



Being sick over the weekend, I missed Sunday's Carl Dolan race in Columbia, MD.  I'm happy to report that we won the race.  Teammate Evan Fader won in his typical fashion, a sprint finish.  Big team victory as I know they had to work hard to bring back a number of breaks while Evan remained fresh and tucked away in the middle of the field.

Easter weekend brings nothing planned on our schedule.  I may or may not seek out a local race to hit up. 

Looking ahead, I am traveling to Vancouver, BC next week to watch Erin's first marathon.  I'm looking forward to seeing her and visiting a new city.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions about the city.

For now, I'm going to continue enjoying eating breakfast...non white rice, non saltines, and non Gatorade.     

No comments:

Post a Comment