Saturday, April 16, 2011

Surrender

Wow........I was sick!!!  Yesterday I woke up to a serious desire to hug the cold, porcelain toilet.  I ended up spending a good chunk of my day right there in the bathroom.  In any event, today is Saturday and after several attempts, I think I finally got Gatorade and saltine's to stay in my system.  Yesterday was simply a day of surrender.  I had plans ranging from cleaning to riding, but your body can easily remind you at any time that you do nothing unless you're healthy.  Point be said, don't take your health for granted.  Yesterday was awesome!!! 

The remedy!
Anyway, I am scheduled to race in Columbia, MD Sunday for the Carl Dolan Memorial (http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=13080).  It is a 2.1mile circuit race with a small kicker into the start/finish.  Start time is scheduled for 3:15pm.  I'm not sure yet if I will race as right now I am super weak.  Today is all about getting as much food/liquid into my system as I can.  We'll see how I feel later today and tomorrow morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment